Kootenay Columbia College of Integrative Health Sciences (KCCIHS) is hiring a Student Massage Clinic Manager for their student massage clinic. This is a teaching clinic and the applicant must be a Registered Massage Therapist in the Province of BC.
Kootenay Columbia College of Integrative Health Sciences (KCCIHS), formerly the Academy of Classical Oriental Sciences (ACOS), is a well-established post-secondary College since 1996. KCCIHS is designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills. The heart of KCCIHS lies in our amazing teaching faculty and students. Our faculty consists of passionate individuals, many of whom run successful private practices or have decades of experience working in their modalities.
- The successful candidate must hold an active license as a Registered Massage Therapist in the Province of BC and have completed a minimum of 2,500 hours of clinical practice.
Required Abilities & Qualities:
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-directed, as well as task and goal oriented
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Ability to work as a team player as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish good working relationships with clinic supervisors, instructors, students, and administrative staff
- Ability to use tact and good judgment to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information seen or heard
- Attention to detail and an appreciation for orderliness
The Student Massage Clinic Manager (CM) will be a member of the administrative team at KCCIHS and will act as the point of contact for the clinic supervisors and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the Student Massage Clinic at KCCIHS. Their primary responsibility will be to be the communication link between the Student Massage Clinic and the Administration at KCCIHS.
- Ensure Student Massage Clinic and other school policies are followed by Supervisors (and students)
- Collaborates closely with the Administrative team to ensure curriculum requirements are met and students are well-prepared for the practical portion of their board exams
- Collaborates with Program Director and Program Manager to resolve issues that arise Troubleshoot and resolve minor issues and implement proper procedures to prevent future issues
- Informs administration of any ethical or practice issues in the clinic
- Assist in recruitment of clinic supervisors
- Provides an orientation session for new clinical supervisors
- Offers guidance to clinical supervisors as needed
- Formally meets with clinical staff periodically (3 x per year)
- Oversees student clinic evaluations
- Provide assistance and support to Clinic Supervisors during clinical exams
- Act as a teaching assistant when needed
- Assist with OutReach and InReach clinics
- Ensure adequate clinic supplies are in place
- Meets with students and/or clinic supervisors to resolve ethical, practice, or duties-related issues
- Becomes familiar with regulatory requirements and standards for Registered Massage Therapy Program
Job Type: Part-Time, Permanent
Hours per week: 15 to 25 (to allow time for private massage practice)
Benefits: Extended medical and dental coverage after 3 months
Salary: $37 to $40 per hour depending on experience
Schedule: To be determined. Some flexibility.