Kootenay Columbia College of Integrated Health Sciences (KCCIHS) is located in the beautiful, small city of Nelson, BC. KCCIHS is seeking full and/or part-time engaging and dynamic massage therapy instructors for the Registered Massage Therapy Program to teach both didactic and practical classes in massage therapy. The position requires that the successful applicant(s) be a registered massage therapist with the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia (CMTBC) and have completed a minimum of 2500 hours in clinical practice. If you are ready to share your knowledge with the next generation of massage therapists we would love to hear from you!
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver instruction that engages students and follows the curriculum outline and instructional materials provided for the course.
- Evaluate student performance through assignments, quizzes, and exams as laid out in the curriculum
- Submit student performance records to the Program Manager and Registrar after each evaluation of student performance in a timely manner
- Personally supervise all quizzes and exams and personally mark the assignments, quizzes and exams
- Administer course evaluations at intervals during the course
- Demonstrate professionalism to students in manner that upholds the College standards and the standards of the CMTBC
- Guide and mentor students in the profession of a registered massage therapist as they learn to apply textbook knowledge to practical, hands-on application of knowledge
- Contribute to the review and ongoing development of instructional materials
- Be available to attend meetings of the Faculty when scheduled throughout the year
Registered as a Massage Therapist in good standing with the College of Massage Therapist of British Columbia (CMTBC) and with a minimum of 2500 hours in clinical practice. CMTBC licence must be maintained throughout employment. Hold a Massage Therapy Diploma and/or higher degree. Proficiency with technology and use of the internet.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Temporary
Wage: $35.00-$60.00 per hour depending on credentials, experience, and role
Extended health care
Monday to Friday, shifts may not be every day, occasional/infrequent Saturday’s
Evening shift (clinic supervisor’s)
Application question(s): Are you currently a Registered Massage Therapist in British Columbia?
About Kootenay Columbia College of Integrative Health Sciences
Kootenay Columbia College of Integrative Health Sciences (KCCIHS), formerly the Academy of Classical Oriental Sciences (ACOS), is a well-established post-secondary private college in operation since 1996. Located in Nelson, BC, KCCIHS is Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) designated and accredited with Education Quality Assurance (EQA) as well as with the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia (CMTBC), preliminary accreditation with the Canadian Massage Therapy Council for Accreditation (CMTCA) and the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of BC (CTCMA). The heart of KCCIHS lies in our amazing teaching faculty and students. Our faculty consists of passionate individuals, many of whom run successful private practices or have decades of experience working in their modalities.
Positions open until filled