Chinese Herbology Courses Online
Introduction to Chinese Herbology
This introductory course familiarizes the student with the origin, evolution, and basic principles of Chinese herbology. Concepts introduced include the Five flavours, Six Qi, Home Meridian, and Four Dir- ections. Students will learn latin and pin yin names for commonly used medicinal herbs. Habitat and cultivation practices, dosage, administration, and potential toxicity are also studied.
Courses begin September 15th, January 15th and May 15th.
Application Deadline is two weeks before the beginning of the months of which the course commences.
1 hr a week for 15 weeks equals 15 hours
Length: 15 weeks/ 1 semester
Admission fee is $50
Tuition Fee is $365
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Students will gain an understanding of the origins, evolution, and basic principles of Chinese herbology.
- Students will grasp universal nomenclature for herbs.
- Students will be introduced to safe dosage, administration, and potential for toxicity.
Origins of Chinese Herbology
Silk Book, Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing Principles of Chinese Herbology
Principles of Chinese Herbology
Principles of Chinese Herbology
Nomenclature Cultivation, Habitat Administration, Dosage Review and synthesis
- Complete Application Form, print off and mail together with a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 in cheque or money order payable to KCCIHS (email transfer and credit card payments possible, please call us, if you choose one of these payment methods).
- If you are a Mature Student (18 years of age or more) you are not required to submit transcripts, but must supply a photocopy of government issued identification.
- If you are 16 years of age and have completed Grade 11 please submit an Official Transcript (or have your institution send one directly to us) as proof you have completed Grade 11.
- Once you are accepted, you will be forwarded a Student Contract via email.
- Return the signed Student Contract by email together with the course fee payment and postage payment. Once the contract and payment is received, your course materials and herb kit will be sent out to you.
- Shipping within British Columbia is $20, $25 within Canada, $40 to the US and Worldwide Airmail is $80
The online course will be delivered in English only and requires basic proficiency in the English language.
Credential provided upon completion
You will be mailed an official transcript and Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of the course.
This program does not require approval by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, PTIB did not review this program.
Who would be interested in taking this course?
- Those who have an interest in traditional Chinese medicine
- Anyone who has an interest in herbology or natural health
- Patients of Chinese medicine practitioners
- Prospective students who plan to enroll at KCCIHS
- Health care professionals
- Health conscious individuals
- High School and College students
- Medical Students
What will it be like taking the course, how many hours of study?
You are expected to complete at least one lesson per week for 15 weeks. Deadlines for assignments, quizzes and projects are provided at the beginning of the course.
We estimate 1-2 hours of study time to complete each lesson including assignments and quizzes. Your marks will be made available to you either online or via email.
There will be weekly forums and your instructor is always available via email and will set office hours for responding to questions.
Online Learning – Is it for you?
Online learning is unlike the traditional classroom setting. With the freedom and flexibility of the online environment comes responsibility. The online process takes a real commitment and discipline to keep up with the flow of the process. To find out if online learning is for you, we encourage you to visit the following resource sites: