Holistic Nutrition Workshop
This workshop, held over a two day weekend, is hands-on and educational and is designed to introduce students to the theories of holistic health through the lens of nutrition and herbology. Some of the highlights will include:
- Exploration of Wild Foods and Herbs and their applications and preparations.
- A wild plants and herbs identification and wildcraing tour.
- Introduction to Holistic nutrition
- Whole foods cooking class
- Managing Chronic Illness through Nutrition
- Fermentation workshop: Basic Sauerkraut, Kombucha and other fermented vegetables.
- Mindful Movement and Tai Ji
Delivery: On Campus
Length: 2.5 days
Workshop fees - $385 including GST
Deposit - $75 non-refundable deposit payable when handing in application form.
1. Students will learn about the mechanics of nutrition and how to incorporate Holistic Nutrition strategies into their daily lives.
2. Students will learn to identify local plants and herbs and their basic applications for health.
3. To inform students about the field of Holistic Nutrition and the work of people in the related fields of Nutrition, Healthcare, Herbalism and Medicine.
4. Students will explore local foods, herbs, natural medicines and nctures and learn their tastes and uses.
5. Students will take away an understanding of what a Holistic Nutrition is and the role it plays in health and well-being.
6. Students will be introduced to the fundamental concepts of Anatomy and Physiology and how they relate to Holistic Nutrition.
|5:30 - 6:00 pm||Introduction|
|6:00-7:30 pm||Wild Food and Medicine|
|7:30- 8:30 pm||Introducon to Holisc Nutrion|
|10:00-11:00 am||Mindful Movement and Taiji|
|11:00-12:30 am||Whole Foods Cooking Class|
|12:30-1:30 pm||LUNCH BREAK|
|1:30- 2:30 pm||Wildcraing and Herbalism Introducon|
|2:30 - 5:00 pm||Edible and Medicinal Herb Walk on Marsden Rd.|
|9:00-10:00 am I||Introducon to A&P: Digesve Systems and Nutrion|
|10:00- 11:00 am||Managing Chronic Illness and Health with Nutrion|
|11:00-12:00 am||Science of Fermentaon|
|12:00- 1:00 am||LUNCH BREAK|
|1:00-3:00 pm||Fermentaon Workshop|
There are no prerequisites for attending this course. Members of the public as well as applicants to our Holistic Nutrition Program are welcome to join.
- What will you learn in this workshop?
- Basic Holistic Nutrition Principles
- Wild Herb Identification and Basic Applications
- Holistic Foods and Cooking Introduction
- Science of Fermentation
- Introductory understanding of Nutritional Science and its effects on the Body.
- Alert us as to any food allergies or sensitivities prior to the workshop
- What should you keep in mind before attending the workshop?
- Alert us if you have any food allergies or sensitivities prior to the workshop
- Dress comfortably