In order to apply for our RMT program, please follow the steps below:
- Review Admission Requirements and Policy
- Complete the Application Form: choose to complete this online or download a copy from our website. Follow the steps below as you complete your application, required documentation has been indicated below each section.
- Please note that is you are completing the online application, all files can be uploaded at the end of the application process.
- Register for an Introduction to Massage Workshop. This is required before starting the program.
- Complete Standard 1st Aid with CPR level C (not occupational) before the end of semester 1. This can be taken through KCCIHS. The next course is 25th-26th November 2018.
Application Form and Additional Documentation Required:
- Personal Information: complete these details on the application form, ensuring we have relevant details to contact you
- Education: list secondary and post-secondary schools and degrees directly on your application form
- Provide official transcripts from high school and post-secondary education. Transcripts must be either sent directly from the intuition to KCCIHS or be enclosed in a sealed envelope from the institution and mailed/submitted by applicant.
- Letter of recommendation:
- Two letters of recommendation are required from professionals with the following designations: teachers, principals, lawyers, doctors, massage therapists, pharmacists, law enforcement officer)
- These should be sent directly to KCCIHS’s Kootenay massage program (template included in Application form).
- Related training/ Transfer Students / Upgrading students: Write about previous training in the massage therapy field directly on your application form
- Related training: Provide documentation supporting previous training in the massage field
- Transfer students: Please include transcripts, curriculum, course descriptions and hours as well as course outlines for review.
- Upgrading students: Upgrading students please include CMTBC’s CPLA documentation/results.
- If you are a licensed practitioner, please provide your registration number and jurisdiction.
- Work experience:
- Submit your current resume indicating volunteer and paid work
- Interests: Write a short paragraph on the application form indicating what other interests you have.
- Finances: Explain how you will finance yourself during this period on the application form. Indicate if you will be applying for a loan. Student Aid BC applications can be done online at https://studentaidbc.ca/. You can complete your application online with the information provided on your Student Enrolment Contract.
- Personal Essay:
- Upload your essay: In approx. 1000 words explain why you want to become a massage therapist. As a guide, you could discuss how you envision your future as a health practitioner, what your experience has been of massage therapy, what are your expectations of becoming a full-time student, what have you appreciated about visiting massage therapists in the past and your career plans after completion of the course.
- Criminal Record Check: Complete a criminal record check:
Access Code: B97KBCTESG
- Physician’s Certificate of Health:
- Ask your physician to provide this (template included in Application form)
- Complete all sections of application form
- Complete introductory workshop or send application form to complete this at KCCIHS
- Pay the application fee of $150 along with submitting your application above
- Request official transcripts from your secondary and post-secondary institutions you have attended. Transcripts must be either sent directly from the intuition to KCCIHS or be enclosed in a sealed envelope from the institution and mailed/submitted by applicant.
- Ask two relevant contacts to send letters of recommendation directly to KCCIHS
- Provide details of relevant training/ transfer information / upgrading information
- Submit current resume
- Upload personal essay
- Complete criminal record check
- Upload certificate of health
* The admission requirements cannot be waived by either the institution or the applicant.
- Upon receipt of your application, we will contact you to arrange a Personal Interview. Interviews may be held in person, via Skype / Facetime, or by telephone.
- Acceptance and Enrollment. Once accepted into the program you will receive a welcome package which includes a student enrollment contract which will outline the total costs and financial policies for the respective academic year. Once reviewed, an applicant signs the contract and submits to KCCIHS along with a tuition deposit of $500.
- Order Textbooks & Supplies. Once enrolled, you will receive a textbook order form as well as a supply list to review (and mark your uniform size, etc.) and submit before classes commence.
- Embark on your path as an RMT!
*application form and document templates can be found in the Course Information and Application Package
Unless completing an online application, documents should be sent to:
Kootenay Columbia Registered Massage Therapy Program
Suite 203, 2nd floor – 402 Baker Street
Canada V1L 4H8
Questions? Contact us:
toll free: 1-888-711-5266